Sunday, January 23, 2011

Nebraska Wesleyan and Iowa State

On Friday, the UNO team traveled down to the University of Nebraska- Lincoln to compete in the Nebraska Wesleyan meet. The highlights were Maja winning the 60 & 200, Heather 3rd in shot put, and UNO going 1-4 in the long jump.

After a late night back to Omaha, the team got up and traveled to Iowa State for a track meet on Saturday. There were two 1st place finishes: Anja in the 1000 and Nkeiruka in the triple jump.

Personally, it was a very difficult weekend. I had a rough week with practices; I ran the 400 and 200 on Friday and turned around and competed in the 600 on Saturday. I wasn't sure how everything was going to go, so before my races I wrote these song lyrics on my arm: "Constant through the trial and the change- one thing remains. Your love never fails. It never gives up. It never runs out on me." So it's back to the "drawing boards" this week, and I'll take this one day at a time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okTKMaVrSYY

No comments:

Post a Comment