Saturday, February 19, 2011

Nebraska Tune-Up

Our team had some great performances at Lincoln. Nkeiruka long jumped 19'3.5", which places her 2nd in long jump in the nation, and she also holds the furthest triple jump mark in the nation. Jody-Ann ran 8.77 in the 60 hurdles, which is a Personal Record and ties her for 10th in the nation thus far. Nicole PR'd in the 1000 by 5 seconds, which is HUGE in any race. The best part was when we loaded the bus, she began to tell us her story from the previous day of how there was a sale on cookies at Bag-N'-Save the day before...she bought 1 dozen M&M cookies, and ate them all in one sitting- the day before she competed! We all laughed...I totally wish I could eat like that and run faster every week :)

I wasn't feeling the greatest for the 400. I ran 57.13. I had a couple hours of rest and was able to come back and run one of the greatest races of my career. Because of injuries and schedules, our relay has not been able to run this season yet. We (Maja, Celeste, Anja, Me) ran 3:49, which places us 6th in the nation after running it only once. I anchored a 55.75, and it felt very good. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jakptVyGa6A

We have conference next weekend in Warrensburg, Missouri. UNO is the two-time defending MIAA Indoor Conference Champions, and we hope to do it again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment