Sunday, February 6, 2011

Frank Sevigne Invitational

On Friday, Kathie-Lee earned the top long jump mark in Division II this season (19'1/4"). Maja qualified for the 60 and 200 finals on Saturday, and I qualified for the 400 finals and 200 consolation finals on saturday.

We returned back to the track on Saturday to have some great performances. Anja ran the 800 for the first time this season, where she posted the top time in Division II and finished as a Frank Sevigne Champion. Heather had a season best throw in the shot put (46'9"). Maja finished the 60 in 7.71 and finished 3rd in the 200 (24.80). Katarina also ran the mile, winning it at 4:51.61.

I personally had a pretty good weekend. On Friday I was heat 10 of 10 in the 400 (57.08), and I turned around and ran the 200 25 minutes after my 400- not a fan of that quick of a turnaround. I knew I qualified for the fast section of the 400, but I did not know I qualified for the consolation final of the 200 until Saturday morning. Coach had me scratch the 200 so I could focus on the 400 and run a good time. I had 2 very fast girls in my heat, so I let them take the pole and tucked in right behind them. I tried to run relaxed, and I ended up finishing well. I ran a 56.75 in the 400 finals- best time of the season.

Short week this week. 6 of us qualified for the Tyson Invitational in Arkansas, and we will be flying down Thursday morning. We'll be running on one of the best tracks in the world (the highest bank). This is a premier professional meet. We have big opportunities- Go Mavericks!

No comments:

Post a Comment